Commercial Office Suite Build Out and Expansion
In order to provide new office space, the property owner hired us to manage the entire design and construction process. The project built out an interior commercial office space turn-key to satisfy both our client as the landlord and First Guaranty Mortgage Corporation as the tenant in accordance with a respective lease.
Real Projectives® provided full project management services on behalf of our client. Our services included planning and coordination of the design; facilitating permits and bidding; managing and administering construction; and shepherding occupancy and closeout. We delivered both phases to the tenant turn-key and to our landlord client worry-free.
- The tenant requested challenging changes throughout the design that we initially didn’t think we could accommodate. Yet, through strong coordination and overtime by the contractor, we were able to complete them on time.
- There were multiple issues in the design drawings. In order to minimize impacts to the schedule and mitigate costs, we identified the issues quickly and worked intently with the contractor and design team to resolve them.
- The original project proved to be a case where the team must conscientiously decide among priorities of scope and quality versus being on time versus staying within budget.
- As the tenant realized they needed more space for their expanding business, we worked with them and the landlord. To do so, we regrouped most of the original project team to prepare designs and build out the added space in a short amount of time.
- Both phases of the office renovations were completed on time despite challenges.
- While no architect or engineer is perfect, it is important to review their drawings with them every step of the way. This will help to clarify assumptions being made by a contractor’s expeditious resolution.