Construction Management Tenant Improvement
New build-out of a 7-Eleven® retail store on the ground floor of Foundry Lofts student housing building. Real Projectives® managed the procurement of design team, design development process, bid process, contractor selection and management /oversight of general contractor work.
Real Projectives® served as landlord representative and construction manager for the building ownership and the franchisee. We were responsible for securing a design team and working through several design options that were acceptable to both 7-Eleven® corporate, the franchisee / operator and the building ownership. We were also responsible for securing a general contractor to perform the tenant improvement work while also coordinating and adhering to strict 7-Eleven® build standards.
- This was a relatively new concept approach for 7-Eleven® so regular calls and coordination were required to help navigate the process and ensure expectations were being met. While there were some growing pains with this process, consistent communication helped get the project back on track when road bumps were encountered.
- Had to manage to please 7-Eleven® corporate, the operator / franchisee, and the building ownership, which required a delicate approach at times.
- Due to originally being two separate shell spaces with two different finished floor elevations, we worked with the AE to implement a raised floor system that created an even plane for the entire store.
- Avoided having to sign an agreement with MDOT for signage that ultimately overhung their right-of-way while also getting the signage approved.
- Overcame many resource challenges.
- Building systems are more reliable and modern.
- Tenants are happier and more appealing to prospects.
- Reduced energy and maintenance bills.